New Delhi, August 09, 2018: The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has recognised six central universities to manage yoga department in order to encourage students to perform it.
According to reports published in m.dailyhunt.in the ministry had already appointed a committee, under the chairpersonship of Prof. HR Nagendra, Chancellor, Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana, Bengaluru (S-VYASA) for making several recommendations on Yoga Education in Universities.
The universities that are offering the courses are:
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Uttarakhand
- Visva Bharti Shantiniketan, West Bengal
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Kerala
- Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Madhya Pradesh
- Manipur University
“The UGC has already approved the starting the yoga department in these central universities,” the HRD minister, Satya Pal Singh said
These are the various courses offered:
- Bachelors of Science (Yoga): 3 – 6 years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga: 1 – 2 years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy: 1 – 2 years
- Masters of Science (Yoga): 2 – 4 years