Kharagpur, September 10, 2018: An Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur delegation is visiting the US to meet researchers looking for a career in the best higher education in India, as a part of the international outreach programme.
“We are keen to engage with bright and promising doctoral students and post-doctoral fellows in the US and discuss academic career options at the Institute,” Director P P Chakrabarti, head of the delegation, told the PTI.
- The delegation visited Washington DC on September 8, 2018
- It will reach Boston on September 11, Miami on September 12, Houston on September 13, and Bay Area, California on September 16.
Meetings of the team:
- The team members will meet the researchers interested in various academic positions and looking for a career in one of the best higher education in India.
- Mr Chakrabarti will also meet the administration of George Washington University Law School with which IIT Kharagpur already has had a technical collaboration agreement.
- He will also hold meetings on academic and research collaboration with the administration of the Association of Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU)
- Similar meetings will be held with the president of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, chancellors of UC San Diego and the University of Houston. Two memorandums of understanding (MoUs) will be signed in this regard with U Mass Dartmouth and Houston.
The mission of IIT Kharagpur:
- To provide broad-based education, helping students hone their professional skills and acquire the best-in-class capabilities in their respective disciplines.
- To draw the best expertise in science, technology, management and law so as to equip students with the skills to visualise, synthesise, and execute projects in these fields.
- To imbibe a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation in its students.
- To undertake sponsored research and provide consultancy services in industrial, educational and socially relevant areas.