New Delhi, September 22, 2018: FFU aspires to contribute to trans disciplinary food-related education with the aim of educating the new generations of academics and professionals to equip them with the skills needed to carry out innovative research and to tackle complex social issues related to food challenges. Education is strongly linked to the research across the full range of disciplines (faculties / schools within the UU and the UMCU). In the coming years FFU wants to further stimulate and facilitate the development of inter and trans disciplinary education with and for stakeholders within and outside the academy according to uu.nl
For Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht researchers/lecturers interested in starting new food related inter- or transdisciplinary education.
- To strengthen the inter and transdisciplinary food related education at Utrecht University.
- To enlarge opportunities for educational interactions within UU, between academia, government, civil society and/or the private sector.
- To increase the visibility of Future Food Utrecht nationally and internationally.
- The project should focus on food related education from an inter-or transdisciplinary perspective.
- The educational component is at a BSc, MSc or PhD level or part of the UU Life Long Learning program.
- A clear description is provided on how the educational component will be embedded structurally, including a brief description of the ownership (responsible faculty/department and director of education) and a budget.
- The proposal gives a brief impression of the overall goal of the project, the food topic, the added value to the Future Food education goals, the involved disciplines and teachers/experts (academia/partners) and opportunities for new collaboration.
- All academic staff (holding a BKO) within the Future Food community of Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht can submit a proposal.
- Each applicant can submit only one proposal.
- The project must take place in the period March 2019- July 2020.
- The maximum amount of funds to be applied for is €10,000
- The proposal must be submitted in the enclosed format.
- Added value to the Future Food ambitions at Utrecht University
- Opportunities for inter-or transdisciplinary education at Utrecht University
- Opportunities for new collaborations within UU, with government, civil society and/or the private sector.
For more information about the submision procedure and timeline, please refer to the call text here below.